The CD68 Monoclonal Antibody is an antibody belonging to the lysosomal/endosomal-associated membrane glycoprotein (LAMP) family. It is one of the newest products and discoveries from the stable of Abbkine Scientific, a leading scientific research company.
Otherwise referred to as CD68 Antibody, the CD68 also belongs to the scavenger receptor family. The features of the antibody and its unique functionalities have made it the preferred amongst scientific researchers.
CD68 Monoclonal Antibody – Unique features of the antibody
Unlike its peers, the CD68 antibody allows for easier and more effective research due to its unique attributes. Some of the attributes of the Gp110 antibody are briefly highlighted below.
- It allows for easy detection of endogenous CD68 proteins, ensuring more effective and goal-oriented scientific research works
- The CD68 belongs to the lysosomal/endosomal-associated membrane glycoprotein (LAMP) family
- The antibody is also a member of the scavenger receptor family
- The product comes in a liquid solution
- It is a Mouse IgG1 isotype
- Immunogen – synthetic peptide
- Host – mouse
- Reactivity – rat, mouse and human
- Multiple applications – IF, IHC-p
- Clonality – monoclonal
- Concentration – 1 mg/ml
- Storage buffer – PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% sodium azide as Preservative and 50% Glycerol
- Purification – The antibody was affinity-purified from mouse ascites by affinity-chromatography using specific immunogen.
- Storage instructions – Stable for one year at -20°C from date of shipment. For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap. Users should aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
CD68 Monoclonal Antibody – Pros
Also referred to as Macrosialin, the antibody has been attributed to have its cons especially compared with other antibodies. Below are some of the features that stand the CD68 Monoclonal Antibody from the competition.
- It is highly expressed by human monocytes and tissue macrophages
- The antibody primarily localizes to lysosomes and endosomes with a smaller fraction circulating to the cell surface
- It is a type I integral membrane protein with a heavily glycosylated extracellular domain and binds to tissue- and organ-specific lectins or selectins
- It belongs to the scavenger receptors family making it excellent for clearing cellular debris
- It is also great for promoting phagocytosis, and mediating the recruitment and activation of macrophages
- It provides alternative splicing results in multiple transcripts encoding different isoforms
- It can be easily stored in gel pack with blue ice
- Flexibility in determining the optimal working dilutions
CD68 Monoclonal Antibody – Cons
So far, the CD68 Monoclonal Antibody has not been attributed with a particular drawback or con as long as users follow the instructions given by the maker – Abbkine Scientific.
CD68 Monoclonal Antibody – Summary
The CD68 Monoclonal Antibody is one of the most effective antibodies in the market in terms of performance and cost-effectiveness. Reviews have continued to pour in from users across the globe. The antibody is however designed for research use only. The company takes no liability for violations in the use of the products and infringements that may occur with the use of the product.