With the onset of the new crown pneumonia epidemic in 2020,
Chinese soldiers and civilians with strong will and united will,
Work together to fight the epidemic,
The song and tears are–
Medical staff (white-clothed angels) from all over China took the lead——
With his fragile body, build a strong wall to resist the epidemic:
It protects the safety and health of thousands of families.
People also cherish this hard-won health even more,
Cherish life, fear nature,
As for the fellows who are returning to the laboratory with joy,
Laboratory safety management has a great relationship with physical health.
The importance of establishing a sound laboratory biosafety management system,
Without a sound and effective management system, no matter how advanced the laboratory hardware facilities are, it will be difficult to play its safety role.
According to incomplete statistics, most infections and omissions in biosafety laboratories at home and abroad are caused by poor management.
So what exactly is laboratory safety management?
The ultimate goal of laboratory safety management is to establish a maximum safety guarantee at the most reasonable expense.
And after the risk assessment, the acceptable risk is determined,
Reduce the danger to an allowable level,
Reduce the risk of disasters during the experiment, ensure the health and safety of teachers and students, so as to meet the safety needs of teachers and students.
The important significance of laboratory safety management is to meet the needs of rapid, healthy and sustainable development of higher education; implement the people-oriented concept,
The need to cultivate innovative and compound talents:
The need to safeguard the interests of the country and the people to safeguard their own occupational health and safety.
Create a safe campus,
The need to build a harmonious society and implement the scientific outlook on development.
The laboratory biosafety management system should start from the following two aspects:
First, safe operation;
Second, standardize and improve the operating process and operating technology, and try to avoid operating errors.
So, what are the specific precautions?
- Use a biological safety cabinet: All operations that produce infectious aerosols should be operated in the biological safety cabinet as much as possible. Proper use of biological safety cabinets can effectively reduce laboratory-acquired infections and cross-infection of cultures caused by aerosol exposure and protect the environment.
- Personal protection and laboratory ventilation system
Laboratory staff should take personal protection when conducting microbiological inspections. Wear protective clothing, masks, face shields, hats and gloves during operation. For the area outside the laboratory, a relatively closed system should be formed, and for the inside of the laboratory, a system with directional airflow should be formed. The clean area, buffer zone, low pollution area, and severe pollution area should maintain a certain pressure difference between each area. , Prevent air backflow.
- The finished specimen should be handled in a sealed package:
So, what are the basic requirements for laboratory safety protection?
- When working in the laboratory, you must wear appropriate overalls or protective clothing.
- Wear suitable gloves when performing operations that may come into contact with blood, body fluids, and other potentially infectious materials. After the gloves are used up, they should be disinfected and then removed, and then hands must be washed.
- After handling infectious experimental materials, and before leaving the laboratory work area, you must wash your hands.
- In order to prevent the eyes or face from being polluted by splashes, collisions or artificial ultraviolet radiation, you must wear suitable
Safety glasses, face shield (mask) or other protective equipment.
- It is strictly forbidden to leave the laboratory working area wearing laboratory protective clothing.
- Do not wear open-toed shoes in the laboratory.
- It is forbidden to eat, drink, smoke, make-up and handle contact lenses in the laboratory work area.
- It is forbidden to store food and beverages in the laboratory work area.
- The protective clothing used in the laboratory should not be placed in the same cabinet as the daily clothing.
- The choice of gloves: Biological safety laboratories generally use latex rubber or polynitrile or polyvinyl chloride gloves for protection against strong acids, strong alkalis, organic solvents and biologically hazardous substances.
- Inspection of gloves: Check whether the gloves are fading, perforated (leakage) or cracks before using them. You can check the quality of the gloves by immersing them in water to see if there are bubbles through the inflation test.
- (Leakage) or cracks. You can check the quality of the gloves by immersing them in the water to see if there are bubbles through the inflation test.
Latex gloves Polyester gloves
I need to remind everyone that most of Abbkine’s reagents and products are non-toxic and non-polluted. If the operator wears corresponding protective measures when doing the experiment, and if necessary, the experiment is carried out in a fume hood, it will not have any effect on their body. And each of our products has the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), as shown below:
The professional reminds every researcher that the experiment is safe, so everyone can use Abbkine products with confidence.
In order to provide readers with a platform for learning biological knowledge, Abbkine’s technical experts have worked hard to sort out the dry goods of various high-end biological experiments. Later, they will be published in the WeChat public account, and readers who love science will continue to pay attention to the Abbkine public account. .Abbkine specializes in the fields of proteinology and cytology, and is committed to innovating and developing various antibodies, proteins, analytical reagents and kits, with a view to becoming a key promoter in the fields of life science research and development, drug research and development. We provide you with favorite products of protein and immunological research users, from basic immunological products, such as protein extraction and quantification, to internal reference labeling antibodies, primary antibodies and secondary antibodies of immunological experiments, etc.; favorite products of cell research users, from Dyes and kits for detecting the state of cells, kits for extracting organelles, staining and tracking of cell substructures and cell metabolism detection products, to cytokine and protein detection kits for cell culture, only to help your research career !About AbbkineOur position: to serve global users of cell and protein research, to provide users with economical and technical product solutions in the form of application processes and product portfolios.Our mission: to stimulate our inner creativity, provide competitive biomedical products and services, and continue to create maximum value for customers.Our vision: to be a respected, world-class supplier of biomedical products and services.