Abbkine Scientific has gradually become a household name in the scientific research field, providing effective and innovative research tools and products to investigators and scientific researchers. The company has again come up with another product called Caspase 9 Monoclonal Antibody. Otherwise known as Caspase-9 antibody, the antibody joins the long list of such antibodies from the stables of the scientific research giant.
The Caspase 9 apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody belongs to the family of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease also called caspase. The substance has been identified to play a pivotal role in the execution phase of cell apoptosis. This is particularly true with the sequential activation of the substance. This is one of the features that have made the substance popular in the field of life sciences.
Caspases is found as inactive proenzymes that undergo the process of proteolytic at conserved aspartic residues. This is done for the production of large and small subunits that subsequently dimerize leading to the formation of the active enzyme.
Caspase 9 has also been identified to be able to undergo the process of autoproteolytic and apoptosome activation, which is a protein complex of cytochrome c and the apoptotic peptidase activating factor 1. History has it that this step is one of the earliest used in the activation of caspase.
In addition to be an important player in cell apoptosis execution phase, Caspase 9 also plays an important role in apoptosis and to be a tumor suppressor.
Features of Caspase 9 Monoclonal Antibody
Like the other scientific products and tools made by Abbkine Scientific, the MCH6 antibody comes with different features. While some of its features have further endeared the brand to many scientists across the globe, critiques have been looking for some of the flaws of the product.
Below are some of the many features of the antibody that has made it beneficial for scientific research purposes.
- The product is available in liquid solution for easy application
- It has a storage buffer of PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% sodium azide as Preservative and 50% Glycerol
- Its concentration is 1 mg/ml
- Applications of the antibody include Applications IF, IHC-p, IP, and WB
- It is monoclonal
- Its isotype is Mouse IgG1
- It has a synthetic peptide immunogen
- The mouse is its host
- The reactivity include mouse, rat and human
Pros of Caspase 9 Monoclonal Antibody
The antibody comes with great features that have distinguished it from its counterparts. Some of the advantages of the Caspase 9 Monoclonal Antibody in comparison to other such antibodies are briefly highlighted below.
- It is easy to apply as it comes in liquid solution
- It is durable and can last for as much a year from date of shipment if stored under a stable temperature of -20°C
- The product was purified using the latest technology, being affinity-purified from mouse ascites by affinity-chromatography with the use of specific immunogen
Cons of Caspase 9 Monoclonal Antibody
The product has not been associated with any defect so far. However, time will tell on the efficacy and efficiency of the Caspase 9 Monoclonal Antibody.
The Caspase 9 Monoclonal Antibody is definitely one that is here to stay. The makers have strongly advised against using the antibody in in human or clinical diagnosis, as it was made for research use only.